5 High School Concession Stand Food Ideas You Should Be Selling
Easy and Fun Concession Stand Food Ideas for Football Games and Other School Sports
Adding new ideas for concession stand food to your menu and changing things up from season to season will keep your customers interested and coming back to see what you come up with. These 5 menu items are sure to be hits at football games and other sporting events.
1. Pickle pops. Extremely low-cost and easy, simply pour dill pickle juice into either popsicle molds, small plastic cups, or even ice cube trays. You can mix in a little sugar if you’d like, but it’s optional. Add a stick and freeze.
2. Walking tacos. Easily customizable, this recipe allows you to choose the ingredients your customers like best. Typically served in an individual Frito bag (you could also try spicy Doritos or another version of corn chip), include taco meat, shredded cheese, and a bit of lettuce. You could offer additional toppings like jalapeno slices, sour cream, black beans, and more. Serve in the chip bag with a fork.
3. Rainbow popcorn. This sweet and crunchy treat is sure to delight your concessions customers. Use this detailed recipe. If you don’t have a cooker mixer, you can still make this in your kettle – just use Blue Raspberry Glaze Pop® in place of Boo Blue Flossugar for the teal corn.
4. Street corn. A delicious side dish to any meal, street corn is traditionally eaten on the cob. However, you can make a concession stand version from canned corn that’s easy and cheap to make and still delicious for customers who want something a little different than the standard fare. Ideally, you’d pan-fry the corn to get that grilled taste, but in a pinch, you can simply heat a big batch in a slow cooker. Follow our recipe for seasoning suggestions. Serve corn in a food boat and top with shredded cheese.
5. Pepperoni nachos. Bake pepperoni or salami slices at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crisp. Serve in nacho trays with cheese sauce and marinara as dipping options. Alternately, you can offer pepperoni as a topping to regular nacho chips.
Promoting Your New High School Concession Stand Food Ideas
When you add a novelty menu item, make sure everyone knows about it! For visually appealing and interesting recipes like pickle pops and rainbow popcorn, create a display-only version or a high-quality photo that’s easily visible to customers at your serving window. Ask the announcer to mention specials, and promote on flyers and social media to create some hype. You can create demand by labeling your new items “limited-time only” and offering buy-one-get-one deals.
Need more high school concession stand ideas? Find strategies to help you take your fundraising to the next level.