Use Concession Equipment for a Memorable Special Event
Special Event Ideas That Incorporate Concession Equipment
While concession equipment is the bread and butter for fairs, festivals, and carnivals, its usefulness doesn’t stop there. If you’re looking for unique event ideas, from a small gathering of family and friends to a large wedding or corporate retreat, you can successfully incorporate fun foods. Here are some ideas to jumpstart your creativity.
- A fun and thoughtful favor for a baby shower is attractively packaged gourmet popcorn. Depending on the mom-to-be’s sense of humor, you can label each individual package with “She’s about to pop!” for a good laugh among guests. Another fun possibility is to serve pink and blue cotton candy, or a single color if the parents have already announced whether the baby is a boy or girl.
- At a graduation party, make a mix of gourmet popcorn in the high school or college colors of the graduate. With Glaze Pop®, there is a wide variety of colors to choose from. Use clear plastic packaging and place the popcorn on tables as well as next to other decorations, such as football gear or the graduate’s musical instrument for a bit of nostalgia.
- Popcorn bars are perfect for weddings and corporate events. They give guests something fun to do during an event that involves a lot of sitting and waiting. Create separate sweet and savory bars with pre-flavored popcorn or provide flavor mixes that guests can experiment with to season their own selection. Find ideas for holiday-themed popcorn bars here.
- If you’re hosting a retirement party, a light-hearted addition could be an old-fashioned popcorn cart for some gentle humor at an emotionally charged event. Allow attendees to self-serve or have someone dressed in a vintage costume dole out servings.
- The possibilities are endless for children’s birthday parties. Have plenty of friendly clowns on hand. Make fresh cotton candy and incorporate a miniature popcorn bar for the kids where they can try out different flavors. You could even rent a fryer and make Funnel Swirls as a fun snack!
- Of course, as the party planner, you have a lot of balls in the air. So if any of these options seem like more work than you’re prepared for, you can always consider hiring a local vendor to provide concessions for you. Food truck owners and other mobile concessionaires are often happy to work private events.
If you’re ready to take the next step and offer fun foods at your event, Gold Medal is here to help. Find more information about using concession equipment at special events and fundraisers, or call us with any questions at 800-543-0862.