Concession Equipment Rental Tips
What to Look for in Concession Equipment Rentals
If you need concession equipment for a special event or fundraiser, renting the necessary machines makes more sense than purchasing your own. But how do you choose the right fun food equipment? Take these factors into consideration when making your decision.
- Ease of use. Will volunteers or teens be running the machine? A complicated piece of equipment is not going to go over well if you have inexperienced operators. Talk to the rental company about exactly how the machine works. Make sure you understand the instructions thoroughly enough to pass them on to someone else.
- Size and capacity. If you’re looking for a popcorn machine rental for a fundraiser, consider volume. Determine how many customers you anticipate, decide on your serving sizes, and then estimate the number of servings that will be consumed – then make a decision on the kettle size you’ll need. Don’t make the mistake of choosing a popper that is too small to keep up with demand at your event.
- Durability and safety. Choose a machine with handles or that is otherwise easy to transport. Ask about construction materials. If dropped, how much damage will be done? Check the cords and make sure they can be stowed safely and won’t pose a trip hazard. If you need to rent a popcorn machine for a party or other small event, the Pop-About-Popper with cord wrap, tempered glass, and automatic PowerOff® Control might be your best bet!
- Electrical specifications. You’ll need to make sure there are no special outlets required for power. Additionally, think about whether you’ll need an extension cord to run the machine. If so, power surges can cause issues. Choose equipment that is designed to offset these problems.
- Availability of supplies. Remember that the machine itself is only part of your needs. Popcorn, oil, salt, and containers are some of the supplies you’ll need for popcorn machine rental; cotton candy machines require Flossugar, bags, and sealers for packaging. Your party rental company should offer all the supplies you need to successfully run any machine they rent, but ask for clarification if you’re unsure.
When you’ve chosen the best machine for your needs, go through the rental contract carefully. Familiarize yourself with expectations on both sides: what will the rental company provide, and what are your responsibilities regarding cleaning and returning the machine? Make sure you’re comfortable with all rental terms before signing for the equipment, so there are no surprises. Then relax and enjoy your event!