6 Reasons to Add a Sweet Shop Setup in Your Grocery Store
Bringing Gourmet Popcorn and More to Your Grocery Store
More grocery stores are adding food for immediate consumption to their inventory. Salad bars, snack stations, and cafés offering prepared foods are becoming popular. If you’re ready to join in, a sweet shop that sells items like gourmet popcorn, fudge, and other goodies is the perfect way to get started. Popped popcorn in particular is the fastest-growing salty snack, and here are 6 reasons you should get it in front of your customers.
- Improve the grocery shopping experience. For a lot of people, the trip to the grocery store is not a pleasant one. It’s just one more thing on the list that has to get done. But you can make their time spent in your store better! Even just viewing the décor of an in-store sweet shop can help to improve a customer’s mood. The setup is inviting and clean and smells delicious. And once they’ve purchased some gourmet popcorn, how could they not feel better?
- Encourage impulse buys. When customers inevitably come to your store hungry, a sweet shop can offer a light and tasty snack to help tide them over until meal time. Being surrounded by food you can’t eat is not a fun experience, so give them an option for munching on while they shop. The aroma of freshly popped gourmet popcorn will attract those hungry customers.
- Supplement your existing party platter selection. Cakes, cookies, and veggie trays will always be popular for events, but customers like variety too. Offer custom party packages from your sweet shop for anything from kids’ birthday parties to corporate meetings. Not only will your current customers appreciate it – but you’ll also gain exposure by having your product at events outside the store.
- Gain more traction for your brand. With a sweet shop setup, you can private label any of your products. This gives you an advantage by presenting exclusive products to your customers that they can’t find anywhere else. When people recognize the value of your sweet shop items, it’s likely that their loyalty to your store and brand will increase.
- Give customers more options with gift packaging. Attractive gift packaging for holidays, birthdays, and other occasions is simple to produce and can make a big difference for the shopper in a hurry. Premade tins and baskets mean your customers don’t have to make a trip to another retailer to pick up last-minute gifts. It’s an easy sale and they’ll thank you for it.
- Expand your deli or bakery. A sweet shop doesn’t require a lot of space, and integration with your existing prepared foods department is not difficult. You’ll meet customers where they are at this popular area of your store and grab attention with the novelty of the display. Encourage people to browse your gourmet popcorn while they wait for their lunch meat or bread to be sliced.
When you’re ready to get started, you can choose to offer only prepackaged items at first, with no extra staffing needs, or you can include freshly popped popcorn in store during peak hours to attract more customers, which requires just one person to operate the popcorn machine. Either way, your sweet shop is sure to be a favorite with customers!