Discover Prepackaged Concession Food Solutions
Different Ways to Package Concession Foods
As retailers and foodservice operators work to adapt to new standards, guidelines, and consumer expectations because of COVID-19, they may wonder how they can incorporate concession foods. The good news is that you don’t have to give up popcorn or cotton candy. There are a variety of prepackaged concession food options that will allow you to sell the best concession foods and still provide customers with peace of mind.
Why Choose Prepackaged?
Prepackaged concession foods offer key advantages.
- Prepackaged foods give you grab-and-go convenience. This not only helps to keep lines moving but also can create opportunities for quick impulse buys.
- Waste is minimized because most products will have a longer shelf life and can be sold in the future.
- Customers can feel a sense of safety knowing the product has been securely sealed.
You can choose to purchase premade products or make your own items and package them.
Which Foods Should I Choose?
Prepackaged concession foods aren’t limited to just candy or chips. Here are some of the selections from Gold Medal:
- Popcorn – Whether traditional, caramel corn, or gourmet flavors, popcorn can be packaged in bags, boxes, or tubs.
- Cotton Candy – You have the option to purchase packaged cotton candy to sell, or simply make your own in advance.
- Nachos and Cheese – Thanks to convenient Portion Pak cheese and chips, you can serve up nachos with no prep or mess.
- Pretzels – Meister Bake Pretzels come individually packaged. They are shelf-stable and do not require freezing. Available in Salted, Unsalted, and Cinnamon flavors.
- Fudge – As an alternative to baked goods, fudge offers a longer shelf life and very appealing profit margins.
What Types of Packaging are Available?
If you consider packaging your own foods, realize there are multiple food packaging supplies for you to choose from, so you can find the solution that works best for your needs.
- Popcorn Boxes – Red-striped Home-Size Popcorn Boxes provide a classic look. Sizes vary in capacity (2.8-oz to 5-oz) to accommodate your popping needs.
- Popcorn Bags – Gold Medal Heap O’ Popcorn Bags come in multiple sizes from 8-oz to 28-oz. Small or Large Gourmet Popcorn Window Bags are secured with tin ties. Designed bags for Frosted Corn are also available. Or heat seal Gold Medal’s Super Saver Bags using the Foot Treadle Bag Sealer.
- Popcorn Tubs – 1-gallon Take-Home Tubs with Lids come in themed designs or you can create your own. Special order only. Call 800-543-0862 for details and pricing.
- Cotton Candy Bags – Our assorted cotton candy bags come in designs including the classic Red Clown, Ferris Wheel, Super Jumbo, or Laminated. Or brand your own, using our Plain Cotton Candy Bags. Use a Floss Tree to encourage customers to buy.
- Cotton Candy Plastic Containers – Choose from small, large, or tamper-proof containers that serve as premium promotional packaging. Merchandisers are also available.
- Fudge Boxes – Available in a ½-lb or 1-lb size, these boxes contain a display window to showcase the fudge.
- Fudge Plastic Containers – This 8-oz tamper-resistant container is made to lock in freshness.
Which packaging option is right for you? Your Gold Medal representative can assist by assessing your needs. Find your local Gold Medal dealer or contact our corporate office at 800-543-0862 or [email protected].