Your 2016 Gourmet Popcorn Promotion Calendar
It’s tasty, popular, easy-to-make and profitable! Gourmet popcorn has established itself as a prime snacking leader. Make the most of your year ahead by planning strategic promotions around holidays and special events. Here are some ideas to get you started:
• New Year’s Day (Friday, January 1) – Pop into the New Year by offering custom popcorn bars for parties. Add sprinkles to make a special confetti version!
• Valentine’s Day (Sunday, February 14) – This is a great opportunity for merchandising with heart shaped tins. Spice things up with a cinnamon flavor.
• St. Patrick’s Day (Thursday, March 17) – Be ready with a variety of green colors and flavors like green apple! You could also mix up a custom variety and call it, “Pot of Gold!”
• Easter (Sunday, March 27) – Pastels and fruity flavors will be a colorful addition to any Easter basket. Consider creating special gift baskets for the season.
• Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 8) Father’s Day (Sunday, June 19) – Make mom happy by offering a Mother’s Day special, like a chocolate-covered combination. Dads are sure to love a savory mix like bacon or sour cream & chives.
• Graduations (May & June) – An ideal treat for graduation parties, make up batches in the colors of your local schools.
• 4th of July (Monday, July 4) – In shades of red, white and blue, popcorn never looked so patriotic! It’s also a good time to show your appreciation and offer specials to military servicemen and women.
• Back to School (August & September) – Parents can give teachers an extra bit of encouragement for a great year ahead with gourmet popcorn gift packages. Or make up care packages customers can send to their favorite student away at college. It will be a big hit on campus!
• Halloween (Monday, October 31) – Popcorn makes an excellent alternative treat to candy. Shape orange popcorn into balls and decorate into pumpkins as an extra special treat.
• Christmas (Sunday, December 25) – With a wide assortment of flavors, gourmet popcorn is a gift that can please anyone’s taste buds! Try a red and green holiday color combination for visual appeal. It’s easy to ship so you can send regional favorites like Cincinnati Style Chili to friends and family.
• Year-round – Keep your customers coming back with a special Flavor of the Month Club! Members get special discounts and are invited to be the first to taste new flavors.
Make Gold Medal your partner in the gourmet popcorn business. We’ve got the best in equipment, supplies and recommendations to help keep you popping! Get connected with your local concession expert by contacting us at 800-543-0862 or [email protected].