Delight Customers with Caramel Corn Dessert Recipes
How to Incorporate Caramel Corn into Dessert Recipes
Caramel corn is delicious on its own of course. But it’s also a versatile and surprising addition to lots of tasty desserts. Using caramel corn in your dessert recipes will delight customers and get them talking. Try these menu ideas to get started and then create your own confections!
- Ice cream sundaes. Gently press caramel corn into ice cream (chocolate or vanilla are the most fitting, but try other flavor pairings to test how they taste). Top with the customer’s choice of hot fudge, marshmallow sauce, caramel sauce, whipped cream, nuts, toffee, or sprinkles.
- Salted caramel cupcakes. Start with a chocolate or vanilla cupcake and top with salted caramel frosting. Arrange a layer of caramel corn on top of your frosting and drizzle with chocolate or caramel sauce.
- Coffee and dessert drinks. Top nearly any sweet milkshake with caramel corn for an instant fun dessert. But also think beyond ice cream. Create a limited-time special latte or mocha finished with a few pieces of caramel corn for a crunchy surprise. Coffee lovers will thank you!
- Chocolate cake topper. To sweeten a dark, decadent chocolate cake and make a visually pleasing dessert, top it with mounds of caramel corn pressed carefully into the frosting. Drizzle with more chocolate sauce as preferred.
- Caramel chocolate popcorn balls. For a twist on a holiday favorite, make a batch of these scrumptious treats for your customers. Substitute the semi-sweet chocolate for white chocolate or other candy melts and experiment with different types and colors of sprinkles and drizzles for variety.
It’s easy to adapt many dessert recipes to include caramel corn, and the addition is sure to please your customers who love novelty. Purchase caramel corn in bulk, or get started making your own corn with Gold Medal’s mixers and machines.