We're always interested in hearing from talented, innovative people. If you're looking to put your talent to work in a fun, fast-paced environment that rewards your ideas and enthusiasm, then we want to hear from you. Take a look at our current openings below:
PR and Communication Specialist
Gold Medal Products Co., the world's leading manufacturer and distributor of popcorn and â€œfun food" concession equipment and supplies, is searching for an experienced PR and Communication Specialist.
The PR and Communications Specialist is responsible for providing directed marketing communications and coordination of Gold Medal Products Co. projects and initiatives. The primary role is to connect the company with the media, dealers and end users and gauge the success of the campaign or communication avenue. This position will generally be given assignments on initiatives where the incumbent can utilize and hone their marketing communications, creative development, and project management skills. Everything the communication coordinator does needs to build on and enhance Gold Medal's public image.
[click to read full description]
- Public Relations
- Write a variety of PR copy such as: news releases, articles, blogs
- proactively research and seek new opportunities for GM to be in the media
- write articles for trade publications
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the media, consumers, community groups, dealers, employees
- Copy writing for direct mail, ads, flyers, brochures, collateral materials, newsletters, internal communications, websites, presentations, speeches, etc.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to identify key trends, issues and story ideas
- Monitor for press coverage and create and maintain coverage reports
- Social Media
- Assist in writing for and maintaining all social media accounts for company (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs)
- Regularly update social media accounts based on Social Media strategy with relevant content aimed at engaging consumers, prospective clients, dealers, prospective dealers, and employees
- Monitor activity of all online communities, identifying trends and addressing issues as they arise
- Stay up-to-date on social media marketing trends and new social media technologies, incorporating them into social media marketing plan as appropriate
- Tracking â€“ keep track and report on all marketing campaigns (print, online, and events) to assist in ROI of campaigns
- Coordinate execution of marketing programs and mailings
- Provide dealer and branch support – writing and direct mail
- Assist with company events and event planning
- Other miscellaneous support functions as assigned
Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills. Regular interaction with Marketing team associates, corporate executives, zone managers, company branches, dealers and administrative staff requires a friendly, approachable demeanor. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
- Associate Degree in Journalism, English or Communications (Bachelor's Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in public relations & communications position
- Excellent project management and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills in B2B and B2C
- Experience in managing social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Concession, Food & Beverage or other related industry preferred
- Bilingual Writer a plus
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated team player that can also work autonomously
Note: The statements included in this job description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties
and responsibilities of this classification and are not to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply for a position:
Gold Medal Products
10700 Medallion Dr.
Cincinnati, OH 45241-4807
Tel: (513) 769-7676
Fax: (513) 769-2917
Map and Directions